The 100 Word Blog #1

I've been reading a bit of Seth Godin's legendary blog prose recently, and I'm impressed by the fact that a) he's so prolific b) he's elegant and actually useful with it and c) he often writes incredibly short blogs. I like that. Incredibly short bits of prose that do things to you. So here's an experiment. Can I write at least one of these short blogs each week--and here's an important personal rule--without agonizing over the content and spending too much time on it. No more than 30 minutes.

So: these blogs are not poems. They are also not essays. They are more like prose polaroids. At speed and blurry, or stills (how I like that word at this moment!).  Responses. Chess moves. Cherry blossom in and out of season (the cherry blossom or plum blossom outside the window and the cherry blossom remembered). Stray riffs. Shadow sucker punches. Thought balloons.

Why? Well, Brexshit for one thing. My sadness at it.  I can't beat the sadness or beat it down, so I must join it. When our country isn't sane, its citizens must sit down and find new sanity. Be larger than the hatred and greed and anger that created the crisis. I can't help thinking of John and Yoko in their white bed, or Gandhi's implacable and incredibly beautiful simplicity. Sanity will return to us when we get true simplicity. Ahimsa is simplicity and creates further simplicity, whilst violence is never simple. #ahimsa #godin #nonviolence

Related image

Comments